Become a NAHA Director
NAHA Director Information and Application
Volunteer Descriptions, Responsibilities, Requirements, Benefits, Disciplinary actions
District, Regional, and International Directors:
Responsibilities include the following:
- Holding Quarterly meetings with members and directors
- Contacting expired members in your area
- Recruiting new memberships
- Representing NAHA with integrity and professionalism
- Honoring NAHA mission statement in practice and action
- Other duties as assigned or requested by the National Board of Directors
Requirements include the following:
- Professional/Business Membership in good standing
- Agree to act within the guidelines of NAHA’s Code of Ethics
- Return a completed application to the NAHA office
- Willingness to commit to 2 years of service
- Weekly time commitment of __3__hours minimum
- Yearly Renewal of NAHA Director Application-Contract to include submission of volunteer commitment hours. Director Commitment hours can include aromatherapy classes, lectures, workshops, and meetings in which NAHA is included as part of the educational sharing. Assisting with editing of articles, research papers and submissions for journals, newsletters and website pages. Contacting businesses to participate in NAHA Membership Discount program. NAHA project volunteer hours.
- Must follow NAHA Safety Guidelines. Precludes the use of "drop therapies" which use caustic or toxic essential oils neat on the skin.
- Active Email Contact Address. Access to internet. Participation in NAHA Director group email communications.
Benefits for District and Regional Director Volunteers
- Certificate of service
- NAHA Merchandise Discount 20%
- Opportunity to be featured in the E-newsletter as well as submit Journal articles
- Discounted Professional-Business Membership Fee; $25.00 off
- Free Listing on NAHA Website Director webpage
(Benefits are good during term of service only and shall not be transferred or extended)
Loss of Volunteer status may be a consequence of any of the following but is not limited to:
- Acting outside of the Code of Ethics: The Ethics Committee shall review any act or complaint fitting this description. This process is outlined in the Ethics Committee Handbook.
- Submission of valid complaints against any act you participate in, which are investigated and found to have merit.
- Not fulfilling your responsibilities as outlined above or in future announcements from the National Board of Directors.
- Using NAHA meetings and member information for personal use and solicitations.
- Lapse of membership dues, no longer in good standing as a NAHA member.
- Participating with conflicting political and non-political groups, agencies, or associations which are contrary in goals or mission statement or are slanderous toward NAHA and its Board.
We are here to support you! If you need support, membership brochures or anything else, please feel free to contact the NAHA offices at: info@NAHA.org
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORS:
NAHA is NOT seeking to establish administrative offices in any other country. Our office is located in the US and it is the US offices which will process all memberships, including all international memberships.
Being a Director for NAHA is a volunteer position and is not a paid position within the organization.
NAHA Directors do NOT accept membership applications NOR process membership applications. All applications for membership MUST be sent to the NAHA offices via our website registration or fax.
NAHA Directors do NOT create separate organizations under NAHA’s name nor falsely advertise that they are an office of NAHA.
NAHA Director Application
Click here to fill out the NAHA Online Director Application Form or you can download and fill out the application here.
If you choose to download the form please mail, fax, or email completed application to NAHA at:
PO BOX 27871
Raleigh, NC 27611-7871