In order to apply as a NAHA Approved School the
following criteria must be met initially;
1. Applicant must be a Professional or Business Member of NAHA.
2.Provide Proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
3. NAHA Standards
of Education Requirements for
Level I and or Level II NAHA Approved School must be met. A copy
of the actual Aromatherapy course cirriculum (in English) must be
submitted in a 3 ring-binder along with required application forms.
Please be sure to include your name, school name, contact information
within the course binder.
4. Submit a list of each Aromatherapy Instructor of the submitted Aromatherapy Course must be a Professional Member of NAHA and must have submitted proof of Professional Level Requirements. (make this a link to the join/renew page)
5. Your curriculum, website and marketing materials must not include any unsafe use of essential oils or contraindicated aromatherapy techniques or include the terminology 'Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils'. We also encourage you to be aware of the endangered and threatened botanical species and include this as part of your aromatherapy instruction for student awareness education.
If you have met the listed requirements to apply, please click on this link to download a NAHA Approved School Educator Application (CASE). If you are unable to download the application please contact the NAHA office directly for a NAHA Approved School Application Form Packet.
Mail the complete application and the required forms/information along with the appropriate fee (made payable to NAHA) to the NAHA Office. Any incomplete forms will delay the application process and your application will be considered incomplete until the completed documents are resent to the NAHA office.
NAHA Approved School Educator Application (CASE) (PDF)
All submission will be viewed by the NAHA office and Board of
Directors, and if the requirements are met, the applicant will receive:
1. Letter of Approval from the NAHA Office
2. NAHA Approved School Certificate to post
3. NAHA Approved School website listing
4. Discount Advertisement opportunities
Any submission that does not meet the NAHA Approved Schools Standards
of Education Requirements, the applicant will receive a letter from
the NAHA Office stating which requirements were not met, in which
the applicant will have 14 days to comply or the application will
be discarded. Application fee will be refunded less a $50.00 (Fifty
Dollar) non-refundable processing fee.
Please resubmit any additional documents along with original
forms and full fee to the NAHA office address by mailing to:
PO BOX 1868
Banner Elk, NC 28604
PH: (828) 898-6161 (EST)
FAX: (828) 898-1965
NAHA Approved School Membership fees; (fees are scheduled to change without notice)
In the case of (1) School and (2) or more locations
1-Location = $250.00 1st + $125/$155.00 for Professional Membership
2 or more Locations= $250.00 1st + $175. 2nd + $100. Professional Membership
Each owner and all school aromatherapy instructors must be a professional members of NAHA.
NAHA Approved School Renewal Procedure
Please note: if your school membership has been expired for one or more years from renewal due date you are required to apply for re-approval via 'New School Applicant Procedure'.
1. Fill out the School Application pages 1-4 and provide Items 5 and 6 (listed on application) along with any changes to your curriculum.
2. Submit a list of all current aromatherapy instructors teaching your curriculum.
Please note that failure to submit the list of instructors or notify NAHA of any changes to your course curriculum or not following within the NAHA Approved School Guidelines can result in non-approval of your school renewal.
3. School Renewal Applications and payment can be mailed or faxed to the NAHA Office.
4. Email the NAHA Office in Word Document any changes to your contact information for your school website listing. (Including if applicable; updated school logo JPEG). Each NAHA Approved School Listing can have a one hundred (100) word description of the school's aromatherapy program. Updates to school program description information can be made with submission of approved school membership renewal form once a year. Please allow 2-4 weeks for changes and updates to your online school listing. We ask that all schools renew at least 30 days prior to the actual expiration date in order to not be removed from the NAHA website approved school listing.
To renew online click on this link to pay your school renewal fee and fax your renewal application to the NAHA Office within 48 hours of submitting your renewal fee.
Use this link for Approved School Renewal
Yellow Page Advertising:
See Promote your Business page for more information on Advertising rates, discounts and opportunities
One main location contact = 1 advertising contract
More than one main location contact is 1.5 times the
regular advertisement rate = 1 advertising contracts per each location